Tuesday, March 22, 2011

This Week's Grocery Shopping

Here's what I got:

12 big roll Charmin $7.57 8 roll Sparkle paper towel $5.37 3 oranges (2 not shown. already eaten!) $1.44 Lettuce $1.24 Tomatoes .90 lb. $1.75 Shortening $4.42 Chicken boullion cubes $2.00 16 oz. bottle Italian dressing $1.50 Bacon bits $1.46 1 frozen orange juice $1.14 2 lb. powdered sugar $1.78 Suave conditioner $1.38 Suave shampoo $1.38 10 lb. potatoes $3.77 6 cups Yoplait yogurt $3.00 3-16 lb. bags Friskies cat food (purchased once/mo.) $32.97 2-35 lb containers Tidy Cat litter (purchased once/mo.) $24.24 Subtotal: $96.41 - .25 .40 -------------------- Subtotal: $95.76 + 5.10 tax -------------------- $100.86 Before going shopping I withdrew $75 at the ATM for groceries this week. After going around the whole store, getting everything on my list while calculating the prices on the calculator I just knew that 2 bags of cat food & 1 container of litter just wasn't going to be enough for the whole month. I asked the Lord to help me & He reminded me to look in my coupon pocketbook. There was $27 in there!!! That gave me a total of $102! So I went clear back around the store & picked up another bag of cat food & another container of litter. And as you can see from my total I had JUST ENOUGH to purchase everything! Yay God!!! Well it looks like I didn't get a lot of "people" food this week but I do have a pantry & a chest freezer that have LOTS of food in there, so we have plenty. All it takes is come creativity.

2 comments:

  1. Get rid of those silly cats and you could have had steaks for supper (or some equally yummy "people food")

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't get rid of the cats cuz then we will have mice in the house! I would rather get creative with my cooking & use coupons then have mice in the house. Plus I don't even like steak. :)
    We like the kitties. We have 9 of them (only 2 inside!!!) We've named them all. They are part of the family. We will keep the ones we have but we don't want anymore.

    ReplyDelete