Friday, March 11, 2011

Frugal Friday Tip

Here is one way we have learned to save money:
I invest in Ziploc Freezer Bags & use them til they wear out. I have tried using the generic brand but those don't seem to last as long as the Ziploc ones do. I always make sure that they are the freezer kind too because they are a lot thicker than the regular kind.
I have learned that hand washing is the best way to keep them looking nice longer. I have tried to put them in the dishwasher & they always seem to get holes in them from the prongs. I have also tried turning them inside out & washing them with my kitchen towels in the washing machine with bleach but that makes them look crinkled & worn out so hand washing is the best. The only time we don't use them over is when we have had raw meat in them. That's a NO-NO!
After they have been washed I hang them up over the kitchen sink. I braided 3 pieces of raffia together & nailed it up & hang the baggies with clothes pins. When we have company I usually take the line down & store it in the cabinet beside the sink, if I remember.

2 comments:

  1. Blessings!
    Oh my goodness, I didn't know you were on BS! I just found you:) I will have to read and catch up.

    God be with thee!
    Sister Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep here I am! I'm glad that you found me Sister Lori! I am closing down my FB so I hope you will visit here often & I will visit your blog so that we can keep in touch.
    Blessings to you as well,
    Miki

    ReplyDelete