Thursday, July 8, 2010

Our Very First Garden....EVER!!!

Here are some pictures of our garden that I took today. Not too bad for some former "city slickers" huh?
The whole garden
Cucumbers in the back.
From left to right: carrots, green peppers, banana peppers, & head lettuce.
Green beans & zucchini. Onions, Anaheim peppers & corn.
Peas on the left & cabbage on the right.
Tomatoes: Better Boys, Romas & Cherry(?)
The Cherry (?) tomatoes just mysteriously appeared.
Better Boy tomatoes
Cabbage.
I've been having problems with cabbage worms & I read that if you dust the cabbage with self-rising flour it will kill the worms. So I am trying the flour before I go out & buy chemicals. The flour is supposed to expand in the worm's stomach & kill them with they eat it.
Zucchini leaves.
Our first zucchini!
Which I floured & fried for last night's supper.
YUM!!!
zucchini Blessings!.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:- ¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) ((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:-Miki -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

No comments:

Post a Comment